Why Holistic Dentistry Is Good for Your Overall Health
Most people don’t expect their dentist to look at them as anything more than a mouth with a set of teeth and gums. Visiting a holistic dentistry practice, however, will introduce you to a very different kind of oral health experience. The standard of care given by a holistic dentist looks at each patient as a whole person, from head to toe. Your mouth is just one component of your being, and it can directly affect your general health… and be affected by what’s going on in the rest of your body.
A Holistic Dentist Treats the Whole Person
When a holistic dentist provides treatment for a patient, as a holistic practitioner your dentist is taking various factors into account, observing your overall well-being, and addressing your physical and emotional needs as they occur throughout treatment.
The perspective of a holistic dentist is broad, extending beyond the prevention or treatment of dental diseases. A holistic dentist believes in creating a balance within your mouth and the rest of your body for a greater quality of life – your consultation with a holistic dentist will involve a thorough examination and discussion of any concerning or ongoing medical conditions or health issues.
Why a Holistic Dentist Differs from a “Regular” Dentist
So what specifically makes a holistic dentist so different from a “regular” dentist? If both practices offer the same repairs and treatment, how does a holistic dentist stand apart?
• Yes, a holistic dentist treats gum disease, but it’s done holistically with highly effective laser and ozone treatments and an iodine irrigation system. Part of the treatment includes determining what caused the periodontal disease in the first place.
• Yes, a holistic dentist provides dental implants, but the material of choice is zirconia dental implants which are biocompatible and metal-free, meaning people who suffer from metal allergies or autoimmune disorders can enjoy the benefits of this smile restoration solution.
• Yes, a holistic dentist cleans your teeth, but not just using toothpaste and water. A holistic approach to dental hygiene involves water that is infused with essential oils and ozonated to disinfect and enhance immunity.
• Yes, a holistic dentist takes X-rays, but the digital X-ray technology that is used decreases your radiation exposure by 90 percent.
• Yes, a holistic dentist provides fillings, but through the practice of mercury-free dentistry. A holistic dentist provides amalgam-free fillings so that patients will not be exposed to toxins, while also evaluating what caused the cavities to prevent others from occurring in the future.
Traditional dental practices treat your oral health needs, but they don’t look at your overall health to pinpoint what exactly is manifesting itself through your teeth and gums. Make your appointment with Dr. G’s holistic dentistry practice in Millburn, NJ, to learn more about oral health and how yours can be even stronger through holistic dentistry techniques.
Tags: holistic dentist, holistic dentistry, holistic teeth cleaning, mercury-free dentist, oral health, Zirconia dental implants