Holistic Teeth Cleaning
Holistic Teeth Cleaning
Teeth cleaning is a foundational component of preventative oral care. In addition to daily brushing and flossing, dentists recommend professional dental cleanings at least every six months to optimize oral health. Dental cleanings not only remove accumulated debris and calculus, but they allow the dentist and hygienist to evaluate the health of your mouth, which is the gateway to the body.
A multitude of studies have shown that oral health is directly linked with systemic health. If harmful bacteria accumulate in your mouth and cause an imbalance in the oral microbiome, you will constantly introduce harmful pathogens and germs into the bloodstream. Unfortunately, poor oral hygiene can compromise your well-being and has been associated with systemic health conditions.
Thankfully, the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey in Milburn, NJ, offers biological teeth cleaning so that patients can have a healthier smile, without sacrificing quality or exposure to potentially toxic treatments.
Why are Professional Teeth Cleanings Crucial?
Some believe it’s acceptable to skip teeth cleaning, because they brush their teeth every day. However, manual brushing and flossing may not be enough to disrupt and remove these pathogens that can wreak havoc and contribute to systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, dementia, and even some cancers. Additionally, our dental team checks for signs of oral disease, which can fly under the radar if you keep postponing dental appointments.
Routine teeth cleanings can prevent or detect the following problems before it’s too late:
- Tooth decay
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Tooth loss
- Oral cancer
- Hormonal imbalances
How are Holistic Teeth Cleanings Different from Conventional Dental Cleanings?
It’s standard for conventional dentists to expose their patients to potentially toxic products, such as fluoride, BPA, preservatives, dyes, and flavorings.
Conversely, holistic dentists and dental hygienists use proven, non-toxic ingredients and materials to perform teeth cleanings. Our holistic, biological dental team reduces the risk of pushing bacteria and harmful chemicals into the bloodstream during treatment, by choosing clean materials and reducing the bacterial load before the cleaning is performed.
Additionally, our doctors will comprehensively examine your oral health. If they detect a problem, we will work to identify the underlying cause and find ways to treat it—instead of simply addressing the symptoms.
Distinctive Holistic Teeth Cleaning Treatments and Examination
Your appointment will be broken up into two parts at a general preventative visit: examination and cleaning. Here are some treatments and additional protocols that our holistic dental team takes to ensure that smiles are as healthy as possible.
Holistic dentists design treatment plans based on what your body needs, and the initial part of this process is examination through many mediums:
- Phase Contrast Microscope: Everyone’s mouth is a microbiome full of bacteria, so we will study your unique combination of bacteria to help us determine what type of dental cleaning is necessary.
- Dental Nutrition: You are what you eat, and we consider how the nutrients you consume help (or hurt) your oral and overall health.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Often, oral cancer goes undetected, so we conduct annual oral cancer screening on all of our patients.
- Evaluation of Periodontal Condition: We will use several assessment tools to evaluate your gum health, whether disease or good health is present, as part of the overall examination.
Biological, Holistic Dental Cleaning
At the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey, we believe that small details can make a significant impact during our professional holistic teeth cleaning sessions:
- Medical-Grade, Ozonated Water: Instead of regular tap water, our facility uses clean, distilled, ozonated water and herbal solutions during treatment with the intention of (1) facilitating healing and (2) boosting the immune system.
- Ultrasonic Scaling: We apply the power of high-frequency sound waves to blast plaque and calculus deposits around effectively and in-between dental crevices. Additionally, this will assist in minimizing pathogens.
- Herbal Solutions: An irrigation with herbal solutions will aid in healing, soothing and toning of the gum tissue.
Non-Toxic Polishing Paste: To remove stains and debris we employ the use of pastes that are free of any potentially toxic substances such as fluoride, flavorings, preservatives, and colorings.
Keep Your Smile Healthy and Hygienic with Holistic Teeth Cleaning
Overall, receiving holistic dental cleaning regularly is an essential component of keeping your mouth and body in peak shape. If you think it’s too late to schedule a dental cleaning, think again. Just because you haven’t experienced dental cleaning in a while doesn’t mean that you should avoid going to the dentist altogether. If you haven’t seen the dentist in a while, it’s a good idea to book an appointment so that our team can design a treatment plan that caters to your needs.