Receding Gum Treatment in New Jersey
You have come to the right place if you are looking for holistic treatment for receding gums in New Jersey. At the Holistic Dental Center we understand how gum recession creates tooth sensitivity and increases the risk to damage to surrounding teeth.
As you lose gum attachment and the gum recedes, the bone will also recede following the gum level thus increasing your risk of losing the supporting structures of your teeth. If left untreated, receding gums can become a severe problem so it is crucial to seek out professional help as soon as possible.
Luckily we have a holistic receding gum treatment that is minimally invasive compared to traditional methods to reverse gingival recession.
What is Gum Recession?
Gum recession, also known as gingival recession, is a condition when the gum and the bone that supports the teeth migrate away exposing the roots. The root exposure created by receding gums is the main cause of tooth sensitivity and a major cause for root decay.
How Common Are Receding Gums?
Studies suggest that nearly 50% of the population has some form of gum recession, making it very common. This condition can affect anyone from teens to the elderly.
What Are The Symptoms of Gum Recession?
A gingival recession occurs gradually, and many people don’t realize they have receding gums until it’s already happening. Symptoms of receding gums include:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bleeding and tender gums
- Exposed root area
- Cavities below the gum line
- Change in the tooth’s color
- Spaces between teeth seem to grow
- Tooth mobility
- Loose teeth
Causes of Receding Gums
Receding gums and sensitive teeth can be caused by a number of different variables. The most common causes for gum recession includes:
- Improper brushing and flossing (too hard or aggressively)
- Periodontal disease and loss of bone
- Bruxism or clenching your teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Grinding and clenching of teeth, also known as Bruxism
- Family history of diabetes or other related health issues can increase a person’s likelihood of developing periodontal disease and gum recession
- Heredity factors
- Smoking tobacco
How Can I Treat Gum Recession at Home?
While there are no home remedies to fix receding gums, we suggest patients use a soft bristle toothbrush at home for their oral care maintenance to prevent any further damage. By using proper dental cleaning techniques that include brushing your teeth in small circles, flossing regularly, and wearing a night guard to protect against grinding or clenching – can reduce the mutually occurring sensitivity at the gumline. We also recommend that patients get fitted for night guard by professionals to compliment your body or bruxing habits.
Regardless of the cause, preventative measures should keep gum recession from advancing.
The following tips can help prevent gingival recession:
- Visit the Dentist: Regular dental visits are the best way to maintain your oral health. Professional cleanings will remove plaque and tartar that can cause gum disease and allow your dentist to monitor your gums.
- Maintain Proper Oral Hygiene: Taking proper care of your teeth is essential to overall health. Gently brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush twice a day, floss every day, and use a gentle alcohol-free mouthwash to improve teeth and gum health and prevent additional gum recession.
- Treat Existing Issues: Crooked teeth, a misaligned bite, or grinding and clenching will increase your risk for receding gums. Treat these conditions and reduce the wear and tear on your gums and teeth and your risk of gum recession.
- Choose Healthy Foods: Fruits and vegetables help reduce plaque. Bacteria build from sugars. Avoiding sugary foods is an excellent way to prevent gum irritation.
- Quit Smoking: Tobacco usage can increase the harmful bacteria in your mouth. Quitting smoking will help prevent tooth decay and gum recession.
Receding Gum Treatment
Unfortunately gum recession can not be reversed or treated with home remedies. The only ways gum recession is reversed is through an invasive and usually painful surgical procedure known as gum grafting or through a minimally invasive process that is virtually pain free with immediate results..
Traditional Gum Grafting Surgery
For years the conventional way to treat this was to perform grafting surgery. Gum grafting requires taking tissue from your palate or using artificial tissue and sewing it over the roots. This is usually painful and sometimes unpredictable.
Fortunately, the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey has highly trained and skilled dentists to refresh your gums and smile with a minimally invasive technique with less pain and immediate results!
Pinhole Surgical Technique
The Pinhole or The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique is an alternative to a gum graft. This gum surgery is faster, less painful, and shows great promise as a long-term solution to dealing with receding gums.
This option eliminates the need for painful and debilitating surgery. In addition, it is a new minimally invasive option for treating receding gums without the pain and recovery time required with gum grafting surgery.
Holistic Gum Recession Treatment in New Jersey
At the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey, we can now restore the gum line to its natural position with a “gum lift” thus ELIMINATING sensitivity and IMPROVING appearance. Dr. Gashinsky is honored to offer The Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation which avoids the need for unpleasant invasive surgery.
This procedure is an alternative to gum grafting that allows the doctor to gently lift the gum tissue through a small pinhole which he then drapes over the exposed roots. He then places collagen through the pinhole to secure the gums in place. Over time your body replaces the collagen with your own, which allows you to have a secure zone of gum tissue.
Dr. Gashinsky was one of a few select doctors in the United States able to perform this virtually painless procedure alternative to gum grafting back in 2014. Over the last decade, he has helped numerous patients. The results are immediate and our patients are elated.
When people hear the words “healthy smile,” they often imagine clean, radiant teeth, but they don’t think of the gums. Of course, we don’t want our gums to take the spotlight when we smile, but they play a significant role in keeping a healthy mouth. Contact us at 973-379-9080 for the best minimally invasive treatment for gum recession.