Suffering From Dental Anxiety?
Learn about our sedation-free alternative solutions for overcoming your dental fears.
Dental Anxiety is Very Common
Fears and anxieties surrounding the field of dentistry are incredibly common. Nearly 75% of Americans experience some form of anxiety around the dentist, and a smaller percentage of individuals are inconsistent with routine dental care or completely avoid going to the dentist because of their fears.
Luckily, at the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey, we’re familiar with people who struggle with these anxieties and have made it our top priority to make our patients feel safe, comfortable, and confident in their dental visits.
Distinguishing the Difference Between Dental Anxiety vs. Dental Phobia
Fears surrounding dentistry vary from person to person. In fact, the way dental phobia and dental anxieties present themselves can be exhibited in a number of ways. Some patients experience a mild or general feeling of worry, being overwhelmed, or apprehension regarding upcoming procedures. Other patients suffer more, with moderate or high levels of fear which is often accompanied by severe resistance toward dental work.
Whether the fear arises due to previous trauma or just exists, it causes many individuals to avoid visiting the dentist entirely. Unfortunately, this can do more harm when dental problems or underlying systemic health issues that manifest in periodontal diseases get left untreated.
Natural and Friendly Alternatives to Sedation Dentistry
We understand having dental fears around procedures, needles, or dental instruments is very common – as is the fear of being sedated. Our practice provides minimally invasive dentistry, offering a range of natural therapies and alternatives to sedation dentistry (no Nitrous Oxide or IV sedatives).
Regardless of your levels of anxiety, our office is committed to creating a safe and comfortable atmosphere, while delivering compassionate and outstanding quality patient care in even the most fearful patients.
How the Holistic Dental Center of New Jersey Can Help!
We understand that everyone experiences different levels of fear or nervousness, which is why we are here to help you by offering several solutions to mitigate any discomforts.
What makes us different are our methods for easing dental anxiety in our office:
- Homeopathic Remedies: As a biological practice, we offer natural and friendly alternatives to decreased stress. We offer our patients a light homeopathic remedy that’s effective at decreasing anxiety and its accompanying physiological responses.
- NuCalm Therapy: We also offer NuCalm Therapy in our office to give you a more enhanced calming experience. NuCalm uses a combination of several non-toxic and non-invasive steps to induce a calming effect that allows you to function and drive immediately after its use. By using topical GABA, which our body produces to slow down our brain activity, combined with neuroacoustic software embedded in relaxing music, you can experience a zen-like sensation. Oral and IV sedation have can have toxic effects and can affect your function for hours after your procedure. Many who use our NuCalm system rave about how good they feel during and after their procedures.
Our additional methods to comfort you:
- Listening to Music: Our patients are more than welcome to bring headphones to play whatever tunes will make them feel most comfortable during the procedures. In fact, we encourage it!
- Ongoing Communication: A pillar in our office is our ability to effectively communicate with our patients. We seek to understand the reasons for your dental anxieties while working with you to manage them. Together we can keep you comfortable and comfortably communicate treatment options, all while keeping you educated and informed, every step of the way.
- Offering Breaks: We understand that having someone complete procedures in your mouth isn’t always the most comfortable. In addition to communicating with you on the procedure being completed, we frequently check in to see how YOU are doing. Most importantly, we offer breaks if you need it. We are here to help you feel comfortable, safe, and confident in our chairs.
- Calming Techniques: Our compassionate team of highly trained and highly skilled doctors and assistants will keep you informed on all parts of your procedure, so there will never be any surprises on what happens next. We are patient, caring, and kind-hearted in working alongside you and your treatment. Whether you need your hand to be held or a moment to catch your breath – our team is here for you.
Schedule an Appointment
We believe that oral health has a systemic relationship to the rest of the body. Don’t let your dental fears get in your way of receiving high-quality oral care. Let the Holistic Dental Center of NJ provide all the care you need. Call today to schedule your appointment.