Dental Bonding in New Jersey
Are you looking for a cosmetic dentist who can provide dental bonding treatment in New Jersey? We can help you achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure using a tooth-colored resin to restore the appearance of a damaged or discolored tooth. There are many benefits of dental bonding:
- A fantastic, natural-looking smile: Dental tooth bonding will improve your smile while looking completely natural. The result is a “perfect smile” that you’ll be proud to show off!
- Fix chipped teeth: chipped teeth can be corrected and enhanced to have the shape of healthy natural teeth. Your teeth will be restored back to their natural appearance, and you’ll feel great about smiling again.
- Remove unsightly gaps: If you have embarrassing gaps between your teeth, they can be easily closed with dental teeth bonding.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding can be an excellent option for those who want to improve the appearance of their smile in a safe and non-toxic way.
What to Expect in a Dental Tooth Bonding Procedure
The procedure is usually quick and painless and can be completed in one office visit. A BPA-free, biocompatible resin is applied to the teeth and hardened with a special light. This material will then be polished to match the surrounding teeth and achieve esthetic results.
How long does dental bonding last?
The results are very natural-looking and can be seen immediately. Bonding typically lasts for several years, but it may need to be redone sooner if it chips or cracks.
To help ensure that your bonding lasts as long as possible, avoid biting your nails, eating hard candy, and chewing on ice. With proper care, your bonding can give you a beautiful smile for many years to come.
Dental Bonding vs. Porcelain Veneers
- Both can be used to cover flaws in teeth.
- Bonding is less invasive than porcelain veneers. Veneers usually require the tooth to be scraped down and prepared first, while bonding does not.
- Bonding is reversible, while veneers are not. Veneers are permanent; you can not go back to your natural tooth once you have a veneer.
- Teeth treated with bonding may become stained more quickly than natural teeth.
- The composite bonding material is durable, but it can be damaged by biting down on hard objects such as ice or hard candy.
- Bonded teeth may need to be touched up after 5-10 years, while porcelain veneers last 10-20 years before being replaced.
How to Take Care of Your Bonded Teeth
While it is a durable treatment option, it does require some special care to ensure that it lasts. Here are a few tips for taking care of your cosmetic tooth bonding:
- Practice good oral hygiene. Be sure to brush and floss regularly to remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects that can damage the composite resin material.
- Visit your dentist regularly for routine check-ups and cleanings. Bonded teeth can last for several years without touchups, but they may need to be redone sooner if it chips or cracks.
Should I Be Concerned About My Natural Tooth Color Before Getting Cosmetic Tooth Bonding?
Your dentist will match the shade of the composite resin material to your natural teeth so that they blend seamlessly. Therefore, there is no need to worry if your teeth are the correct shade before proceeding. No matter the shade of your natural teeth, you will see a flawless and natural look to complete your smile.
However, if you are unhappy with the shade of your teeth and want to whiten them, it’s best to do this before completing the procedure. Your dentist will then be able to match the tooth bonding material to your new, lighter shade.
Happy patients are our mission! We work very hard to give the best service and results possible.
Find out more about what our patients are saying about their treatment at Holistic Dental Center!
Contact Us for Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry
Holistic Dental Center can provide several cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures, including cosmetic dental bonding. Contact our dental office today at (973) 379-9080 to schedule a consultation with our talented dental team!