Take Our Dental Mercury Removal Score Quiz!

Is Your Health Affected by Mercury Exposure?

If you are familiar with our practice and the articles we publish on our website, you will know that one of our services consists of the safe removal of amalgam (mercury) fillings. As a holistic practice, we are very aware of the dangers of mercury fillings and the dangers of not removing them according to the strict protocols established by the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT).

As a distinguished and certified member of the IAOMT, Dr. Gashinsky applies those strict IAOMT protocols and we are proud to say that our mercury removal procedure is 100% safe.

Why is this so important?

Mercury is one of the most poisonous, non-radioactive, naturally occurring substance on our planet. According to the World Health Organization, there is no “safe” level of mercury because even one tiny fraction of it will do some harm to your body.

Mercury taken into the body can accumulate in virtually any organ.  An estimated 80% of the mercury vapor from dental amalgam fillings is absorbed by the lungs and passed to the rest of the body, particularly the brain, kidney, liver, lung, and gastrointestinal tract. The effects of mercury exposure are even more insidious because it can take many years for symptoms of mercury poisoning to manifest themselves, especially if they are relatively low-level and chronic (as is often the case from dental amalgam fillings). In addition to the wide-range of mercury poisoning symptoms, there is also a wide-range of health risks related to dental amalgam fillings.

Mercury exposure and inflammation

Government agencies and medical studies have found that the largest source of mercury exposure in most people is from dental amalgam fillings. For those with amalgam dental fillings, exposure from fillings amounts to 50 to 90 % of exposure, with the average being about 75 % of total exposure.

Mercury and other toxic metals cause inflammation of the cells, which are factors in chronic inflammatory conditions such as asthma, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease.  Additionally, mercury is known to cause a number of physical and mental issues ranging from fatigue, depression, headaches and allergies to more serious conditions such as movement disorders, cardiovascular disease and kidney dysfunction.

Mercury poisoning can be caused by all forms of mercury (elemental, vapor, inorganic, and organic). Poisoning can occur from inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with the various forms of mercury. Not only are mercury fillings themselves the cause of inflammation and other damage to the body, removing them can cause vapors to release into the air which is just as dangerous for patients and staff alike.

This is why safe mercury removal is so incredibly important and, as a certified member of the IAOMT, Dr. Gashinsky practices the IAOMT protocol to the letter to keep you safe.

If you or someone in your family has mercury fillings, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with our office to have them removed safely, and replaced with materials that are good for your health!


Sources:
– Immune Reactive Conditions: The Mercury Connection to Inflammatory & Immune Reactive Conditionshttps://amalgam.org
– Mercury Poisoning Symptoms and Dental Amalgam Fillings – IAOMT
– Mercury-induced inflammation and autoimmunity – Science Direct