Reasons Why You Shouldn\’t Ignore Gum Recession
How Common Are Receding Gums?
Dr. Gashinsky estimates about 50% of the population has some form of gum recession. This condition is present when the gum and the bone that supports the teeth migrate down the roots, exposing them.
This can affect anyone from teens to the elderly. The root exposure created by receding gums is the main cause of tooth sensitivity and a major cause for root decay.
For years the conventional way to treat this was to perform grafting surgery by taking tissue from your palate or using artificial tissue and sewing it over the roots. This is usually painful and sometimes unpredictable.
Dr. Gashinsky is one of a select few doctors in the United States that can perform this virtually painless alternative to gum grafting, The Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation, eliminating the need for painful and debilitating surgery.
What Causes Receding Gums?
These are the most common causes of gum recession:
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Grinding and clenching of your teeth
- Gum disease
- Family history
- Brushing too hard
What can I do about it?
Dr.Gashinsky is very excited to be able to offer the alternative to gum grafting, The Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation. This procedure allows Dr. G to gently lift the gum tissue through a small pinhole which he then drapes over the exposed roots. He then places collagen through the pinhole to secure the gums in place.
Over time your body replaces the collagen with your own, which allows you to have a secure zone of gum tissue. Dr. G now can restore the gum line to its natural position with a “gum lift” thus ELIMINATING sensitivity and IMPROVING appearance. The results are immediate and patients are elated.
Why should I do it?
Dr. Gashinsky knows that ignoring gums that are receded leads to more problems such as:
- Loss of the supporting structures of your teeth, increasing the risk of early tooth loss.
- Suffering from tooth sensitivity unnecessarily.
- Increasing your risk of dental decay on the softer exposed roots.
- Having a smile you are unhappy with.
Advantages of The Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation are:
- Re-creates a zone of healthy bound down gum tissue that will prevent bacteria from traveling into the soft tissues of your cheeks and body.
- Immediate visible results where the gum line has been re-established to its normal position.
- Virtually painless and very little down time.
- Significant reduction in tooth sensitivity and dental decay on the roots.
- Practically eliminates the potential for early tooth loss due to loss of gum attachment.