With recent research demonstrating a link between periodontal gum disease and numerous health conditions, gum disease has become an even more critical health issue that should not be ignored. Many children are affected by teeth and gum problems and especially during the summer holidays the chance to increase these problems is even bigger.
Summer vacation is traditionally known for cold Cokes and ice creams for the kids, and when the family travels to a summer resort or some holiday location, there are less opportunities to prepare healthy foods than in your own kitchen. And you can’t always forbid the kids to have ice cream or sugared drinks either.
So what to do?
There are some pretty awesome alternatives for drinks and ice creams that are completely healthy for your kids. For example, a watermelon slushy is just perfect for hot summer days! Watermelon, ice, and a bit of lime juice are simply blended together in this quick treat.
And what about a peanut butter/banana smoothie? Easy to make with bananas, milk, peanut butter, natural honey and crushed ice!
Water melon, berry slushies and strawberry punch are easily made and your children will love it!
Just browsing the internet for “Healthy Drinks for Children” will bring you numerous great recipes to keep your children’s teeth and gums healthy during their vacation.
And, frankly, the same holds true for you as parents. What to do to keep your smile healthy?
About 100 million adults in the U.S. have moderate to severe periodontal gum disease, but less than 3% receive conventional surgical treatment in any given year. At the same time, prolonged gum disease can lead to receding gums which can ruin a nice smile.
Fortunately, for both situations Dr. G has solutions that will restore your smile!
The LANAP® Procedure for Gum Disease
The reason why only 3% of the 100 million adults in the U.S. will seek treatment, is that they are afraid to undergo gum surgery. However, with the LANAP® procedure, there is no reason to be fearful.
- The LANAP Procedure is about as easy as erasing a blackboard. There is no cutting and no suturing.
- There is much less discomfort with the LANAP Protocol than with standard surgery during and after the procedure.
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. All it takes is two 2-hour visits to our office and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LANAP gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 98% of LANAP treated patients remain stable after five years.
- There is less than 24-hour recovery period, so you will not lose time from work.
The Chao Pinhole® Procedure for Receding Gums
Recession of the gums due to prolonged and untreated gum disease can ruin your smile. With the simple Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation technique, you will see the following advantages:
- Re-creates a zone of healthy bound down gum tissue that will prevent bacteria from traveling into the soft tissues of your cheeks and body
- Immediate visible results where the gum line has been re-established to its normal position
- Virtually painless and very little down time
- Significant reduction in tooth sensitivity and dental decay on the roots
- Practically eliminates the potential for early tooth loss due to loss of gum attachment.
Let Dr. G Advise You On the Best Treatment For You and Your Children!
Get a FREE Consultation Including a Free Gum Exam! (Value $150)
[button title=”Questions? Call (973) 379-9080 or request an appointment here” link=”http://holisticdentalcenternj.com/contact-us” icon=”icon-heart”]
Here’s to a great and healthy summer vacation!