The majority of the population would never willingly accept the presence of a poison in their body. But that’s exactly what amalgam fillings are: a toxic substance. Dental amalgams are a constant release of mercury into your system.
Dental amalgam fillings are not 100 percent mercury. They are typically a combination of mercury and at least one other metal, like silver or tin. These types of fillings are strong, which is why many dentists still use the material for repairing cavities.
But amalgams contain an incredibly high concentration of lead – often up to 60 percent mercury – and the bigger your silver fillings and the more of them that you have, the greater your exposure to this poison.