6 Natural Ways to Improve Your Teeth and Gum Health
Just like how the rest of our body is an important asset, our teeth are just as much a prized possession to us. Our mouth and especially our teeth constantly battle various bacteria that form because of the lack of looking after our teeth and providing them the care they need. Our gum health is just as much important. Our oral hygiene routine must be inclusive of brushing our teeth at least twice a day, flossing after every meal and paying visits to the dentist regularly for cleaning and check-ups. These simple yet effective precautions can help us prevent any sort of gum related diseases and keep our gums and teeth healthy. However, there are even natural ways to keep our gums and teeth healthy. Let’s take a look at 6 ways we can do this:
- Neem: Neem is a plant that is known for its antibacterial properties. It is known to be extremely good for the teeth because of this, as it prevents the growth of bacteria in the teeth. Thus, it also prevents the formation of plaque which further leads to the formation of tartar. It helps prevent gum diseases that can cause loss of teeth and other problems.
- Tea tree oil: This is known to be an excellent oil that helps in the treatment of gingivitis. Toothpastes that contain tea tree oil are used to aid the treatment of gum related diseases. They are known to be extremely good for use to keep the gums healthy. However, ingesting undiluted tea tree oil can be toxic.
- Cranberry: Cranberry is known for not allowing any kind of bacteria to stick on the teeth. This property is extremely helpful to prevent plaque from forming in the teeth and causing gum related issues. It has also been found that some elements found within cranberries that may help to regulate periodontitis-related inflammation.
- Vitamin C: Fruits that contain Vitamin C which include, lemons, oranges, limes, grapefruits, papaya, strawberries and many more, are known to play a role in protecting gum health. Research has found that people who had the least amount of Vitamin C in their diet were more prone to periodontal diseases. Thus, it is extremely important to have a generous amount of Vitamin C in your diet.
- Cheese: Very often the acids from the food that we eat, may in turn eat away our teeth. However, cheese products reduce the presence of this acid in the mouth and also by creating a protective layer on the teeth.
- Raw Onions: Research shows that raw onions have great antibacterial properties. They help to remove the strains of the bacteria that can cause cavities and gum diseases from our teeth.
These are some of the ways to keep your teeth and gums naturally healthy. We are a holistic dentist in Millburn, New Jersey, focusing on keeping the teeth healthy while taking a more natural and holistic approach. In fact, what better way to look after our teeth than look for remedies in the work of nature?